After ratifying the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Union of the Comoros was considered a member of the Convention in 1994
Development of the National Biodiversity Strategy and its action plan according to the main priorities of the Convention and the national priorities set out in the country's guidelines for sustainable development
As a full member of the Convention, the Union of the Comoros has several obligations:
- Regular production of national reports, thematic reports, a national biodiversity strategy and action plan, and other reports.
- Adaptation of the legislation so as to define an adequate legal basis for the conservation and use of biodiversity in a framework law relating to the Environment.
- Assurance that everyone involved will be involved in the process.
This part of the Union of Comoros clearing-house mechanism is intended to provide an overview of the organization at the national level prior to:
- useful legislation on biological conservation and
- the development of national documents informing the Comoros' efforts for the conservation and protection of biodiversity in the country.